My research interests lie on the field of Rheometry, Smart Fluids and Microfluidics. I started to be interested in complex fluids since my Master Thesis, where I worked with aqueous clay suspensions. Then, I started my PhD Thesis, working in the rheological characterization of fumed silica in PPG. Afterwards, I kept on working in Rheology and Colloids since I joined to the Laboratory of Applied Rheology in the K.U. Leuven (Belgium) to study about the dispersion quality of fillers in nanocomposites.
Later on, I as a postdoctoral researcher at the Transport Phenomena Research Center (CEFT) in the University of Porto (Portugal), I had the opportunity of furthering my expertise towards Microfluidics and Rheometry. In 2013, I was awarded with one of the FCT Investigator starting grants to develop advanced energy absorbing composites based on natural cork, microfluidics and complex fluids.
If you are looking for a researcher to collaborate with on the topics mentioned above, please do not hesitate to contact me.
- F.J. Galindo-Rosales (Editor)
Complex Fluid-Flows in Microfluidics (2018).
- S. Martinez-Aranda, F.J. Galindo-Rosales and L. Campo-Deaño
Complex flow dynamics around 3D microbot prototypes
Soft Matter, 12 (8), pp. 2334-2347, 2016.
- F. Galindo-Rosales, J. Segovia-Gutiérrez, F. Pinho, M.A. Alves and J. de Vicente
Extensional rheometry of magnetic dispersions
Journal of Rheology, 59 (1), pp. 193-209, 2015.
- S. Haward, F. Galindo Rosales, P. Ballesta and M.A. Alves
Spatiotemporal flow instabilities of wormlike micellar solutions in rectangular microchannels
Applied Physics Letters, 124101 (12), p. 124101 (124105), 2014.
- S.J. Haward, M.S.N. Oliveira, M.A. Alves and G.H. Mckinley
Optimized Cross-Slot Flow Geometry for Microfluidic Extensional Rheometry
Physical Review Letters, 128301 (12), 2012.
- F.J. Galindo-Rosales, L. Campo-Deaño, P.C. Sousa, V.M. Ribeiro, M.S.N. Oliveira, M.A. Alves and F.T. Pinho
Viscoelastic instabilities in micro-scale flows
Experimental Thermal and Fluid Science, 59 (pp. 128-139 (112), 2014.
- F.J. Galindo-Rosales, M.A. Alves and M.S.N. Oliveira
Microdevices for extensional rheometry of low viscosity elastic liquids: a review
Microfluidics and Nanofluidics, 14 (1), pp. 1-19, 2013.
- F.J. Galindo-Rosales, L. Campo-Deaño, F.T. Pinho, E. Van Bokhorst, P.J. Hamersma, M.S.N. Oliveira and M.A. Alves
Microfluidic systems for the analysis of viscoelastic fluid flow phenomena in porous media
Microfluidics and Nanofluidics, 12 (1-4), pp. 485-498 (414), 2012.
- F.J. Galindo-Rosales, F.J. Rubio-Hernández and A. Sevilla
An apparent viscosity function for shear thickening fluids
Journal of Non-Newtonian Fluid Mechanics, 166 (5-6), pp. 321-325, 2011.
- F.J. Galindo-Rosales, P. Moldenaers and J.A.N. Vermant
Assessment of the dispersion quality in polymer nanocomposites by rheological methods
Macromolecular Materials and Engineering, 296 (3-4), pp. 331-340, 2011.